Since we are now well into the new year, we wanted to remind you that now is the best time to put home insurance and safety on your “to do” list.
Home Safety Check Up
We want your family to be safe, so now is the time to complete this quick home safety checkup.
- Replace all batteries in your smoke alarms.
- Clean dust out of the alarms.
- Check your home for radon.
- Keep all guns in approved locked storage cabinets.
- Replace your furnace filters.
- Check the lint filter in your dryer and clean it regularly.
- When you do replace your alarms, choose a mix of photoelectric alarms, which will catch a slow-burning fire, and ionization alarms, which will activate more quickly in a faster-burning blaze.
- If it has been more than a year, have your chimney cleaned.
- Make sure you have a number of fire extinguishers around the home, and check the gauge for usage.
- Consider placing smoke alarms in the attic, garage or other confined spaces.
Home Insurance Check Up
- Have you purchased any new personal property?
- Is there a teen driver in your house?
- Has your marital status changed?
- Do you have a child in college?
- Do you have a different or new vehicle?
Fallbrook homeowner insurance policies differ by which losses are covered, which coverages you choose, and what type of residence you own. You choose which insurance policy is best for you, whether it’s a comprehensive policy that cover losses such as fire, hail, smoke, falling objects, vandalism and theft of personal property, or whether it’s a policy that covers only specified losses.