Jump to navigation

California Boat Insurance

from Robert Bell Insurance Brokers

by Michael Bell on Mar 20, 2017

Boating and Water Safety

We are entering the long days of our summer, and many of us will soon be enjoying water skiing, boating, river rafting, and riding personal watercraft with our family and friends.  According to the U.S. Coast Guard, over 85% of water related accidents occur between May and August.  Each year, the U.S. Coast Guard reports more than 4,000 accidents, over 500 deaths and over $40 million in damage from boating accidents.

Watercraft Insurance

Before you hit the water, make sure you have the right kind of watercraft or boat insurance.  You will need coverage for the hull, and liability coverage in the event of an injury. Boat policies can cover damage to your boat, motor, trailer, and personal effects in the boat. Available coverage includes liability, medical payments, coverage for injury to a water skier, and damage to the boat itself, sometimes called hull coverage.  Call our office today for more information.

Watercraft Safety Tips

  • Have U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets for everyone in the boat.
  • Have a first aid kit and fire extinguisher onboard.
  • Make sure your gas tanks are vented and bilges are free of vapors, oil, waste, and grease.
  • Avoid alcohol use. According to the U. S. Coast Guard, alcohol use is the contributing factor in nearly 16% of all fatal boating accidents.
  • Consider taking a safety course.
  • We know you have a million things to do, but learning CPR should be on the top of the list. It will give you tremendous peace of mind.
  • Have a working marine radio onboard at all times and know how to use it.
  • Have operable boat lights.  Always test boat lights before the boat leaves the dock and carry extra batteries.
  • Be Aware of Dehydration – Have plenty of water for all individuals onboard.

Boat or Marine insurance is available for small boats, yachts, high performance powerboats, live-aboard houseboats, catamarans, and pontoons. Marine insurance will cover intended use including personal recreation, commercial, or charter vessels.

We offer Home, Auto, and Shop Insurance coverage in cities around the state, Call us today, and have a great time on the water!

Robert Bell Insurance Brokers offers the personal insurance products you need. Our professional agents will consult with you on the coverage and premiums that meet your specific needs. Feel free to get in touch or get a quote today.

More articles related to…

Bookmark our mobile site visit m.robertbellinsurance.com

Information you need, when and where you need it most. More »

Our Insurance Companies

Safeco Insurance

Robert Bell Insurance Brokers Inc.

Our location

605 E Alvarado St #200
Fallbrook, California 92028
Jump to navigation
Mon-Fri 8AM-4PM

© 2017 Robert Bell Insurance Brokers       California License #0691053